- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl,
- Make a well in the center and add egg yolks, almond milk, oil, and vanilla,
- Blend with a fork, then gradually incorporate dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form,
- Working in 2 batches, fold egg whites into batter just until combined
At this step, you can fold in chocolate chips.
- Heat a waffle iron until very hot; lightly coat with nonstick spray,
- Working in batches, cook waffles until cooked through.
Transfer to a wire rack set inside a baking sheet, cover loosely with foil, and keep warm in oven (250˚F) until ready to serve.
There are plenty of ways to eat waffles but mine is hot maple syrup, and then I sprinkle some pomegranate or dust some icing sugar.